Pegleg Operating Software Link

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had a link to the piratebox OS. The one I downloaded and burned with Balena Etcher says there’s no boot partition. I’m not looking to implant any time soon, i’d just like to have one of my own to mess around with. Any help is appreciated greatly!

Cheers.

2 Likes

This won’t be much, but maybe something to try.

I have used Balena a number of times for Pi images and really like it.
Although the last time I used it, I had multiple failed burns.
The image I used was much larger than my usual but also a newer version of Balena so I don’t know which variable caused the issue, but I do know I then used win32 and it worked the first time…
So if you haven’t, maybe try another imager

:man_shrugging:

Good luck

If you get it working, I’m sure there would be many people here interested in your progress

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try with Rufus.

1 Like

I still have a download of piratebox back from 2019. It was meant for flashing to an OpenWRT compatible router though, I don’t know if that’s what you’re after.

1 Like

Do you just want to play with an rpi or specifivly the pegleg os? I just use rasbian from the raspberry pi website

1 Like

i want to play around with it and eventually make it smaller but currently i just want to get it set up and use it to test for issues or bugs

is there a specific Openwrt firmware for the pi zero W?

Check out

2 Likes

From what I remember, any version of OpenWRT on any device will work. Piratebox/librarybox/etc can be installed as a package on top of OpenWRT. You just gotta find a link for the packages

1 Like

cheers mate!

1 Like