Questions about installation for a x series implant for a teen

First of all: I know you get a lot of stuff here about kids trying to get one without parents permission. I am not one of those kids. I will not get one unless I can get my parents permission.

With that out of the way, let’s get to the point. I’m 14. How do I find an installer in my area that will be willing to do x series installs on minors? One of my friends has one, and he is a year older than me, but his dad is a doctor, so they did the install at home. I asked the dangerous discord what they thought, and they said to either ask my friend’s dad, have a family member install it, or wait. My friend said that his dad probably wouldn’t be willing to do it for me. I was wondering if anyone on here had any different thoughts. For context, I am in Jacksonville area in Florida, and looking to get a NExT.

I have a few other questions. Should I ask my primary care doctor when I go in for my yearly? They will probably say no but there is really no negative, right?

I have yet to ask my parents, since I would like to have everything sorted out first, and I can’t quite find a way that won’t sound crazy to them. Anyone have any tips? I feel like they will shoot down the idea the minute I say implant, and I will be hard to change their mind.

Also, if I do have to wait, should I try to convince my parents now and say that I will probably have to wait, or should I not tell them until I think I can get one, then tell them?

Thanks for any answers you may have

Great choice.
Do you have a use case for it yet?

I think this is a good plan, Having all the information at hand I think is the most important.
Write down all the questions you think they will ask you.
Post here if you wan’t and we can help you with the answers.

After knowledge comes logistics, this will possibly be the hardest thing for you.

I think you will struggle to find a professional installer that will implant a “minor” both legally and ethically, however maybe not impossible. Again, if you have done your research and have all the answers, you will increase your odds.

Can’t hurt to ask, but the doctor would also have questions you should have the answers to.
At the end of the day, It is safer for them to do it, than you trying to do it yourself.

This is another ( better option ) Just have your parents permission so they can discuss with him if required.

Approach them with a professional attitude and all the knowledge you can, provide all the written documentation ( and videos you can ) There are a few really good references on the forum, I will dig out for you shortly, to get you started.

Who is paying for your implant and install?

I see Zwack is also replying, and Philly Chicken…between us you should get some good insight, I’ll be back with links shortly

2 Likes

Relevant website

As far as finding someone willing to do it commercially this is going to be tricky.

Body Piercers cannot Pierce you without written, notarized approval from your parents (and they probably need to be present).

Unfortunately they also can’t just inject an X series as they are limited to what kinds of jewelry they can use.

Personally, I would prepare your reasoning first, and talk to your parents. Do you have a use case? If for example it is going to replace a smart card NFC key then you could make the argument that you would never be locked out. If it’s just because it’s cool you will have to expect more of a negative response from your parents (in my opinion).

Make sure that you have discussed it fully with them, gotten their OK, and then, if your friend’s father won’t do it, ask them if they would. An X series is relatively easy to install.

If they say no don’t argue with them, don’t complain, but do keep introducing them to the concept. They may change their mind, and if not they will at least be prepared when you are old enough to decide for yourself.

And of course don’t ignore anything other people tell you. @Pilgrimsmaster is very knowledgeable as is @philidelphiaChickens

2 Likes

I first approached my family about this when I was roughly your age. They continued to shoot it down until I was 18, when I got a NeXT with their (concerned) blessing. The two things that ended up helping were saying that it was my body, and therefore my choice (which only really worked because by the time I played that card I was 18) and that what I wanted was essentially the same thing we had put in our cats and dog.

3 Likes

This right here. Keep explaining the technology, what it does, what it doesn’t do, and how it works. The big hurdle for my family was explaining that no, the Government/Bezos/Whoever won’t be able to keep constant tabs on me using this thing, and instead using it as a substitute for a tool I already was using.

2 Likes

As for a use case, I just moved, and my parents have been pushing me to make more friends at my new school. I could tell them that I would put a contact card on it, so it would be easy to make friends that last longer than 1 conversation and you never see them again.

Website doesn’t work, just so you know

1 Like

A question: why not use a NFC card to start off with? You can buy plenty on Amazon (I’d recommend an NTAG216 card, as that’s what’s in the NeXT). How often do you use it? How useful is it? These will be good data points for you to present to your parents.

2 Likes

Here are the reference as promised, great for you, your parents and installer

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Introduction-to-Implantable-Transponders-for-Professionals.pdf ?

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Professional-Guide-to-2x12mm-transponder-installation.pdf ?

Watch Installation procedure Guide 1

Watch Installation Procedure Guide 2

Watch Needle insertion angle

How to approach a professional DT Info

This is a good video

there is one more video I would like to dig out…give me a bit

3 Likes

That would be just one use case, it would also be for the garage door and maybe eventually a door lock

The actual statutes.

It should probably have been http instead of https. I’ll go back and check and modify it.

Linked above are the state statutes for body piercing which lists the acceptable materials (glass is not included) and the requirements for minors.

I checked the Dangerous Things Installer list and neither of the Florida ones have working websites.

1 Like

You totaly could do that and it would be a conversation starter for sure, just remember, it can be polarising.

3 Likes

I’d also toss out this one. It was super helpful when just starting out. There’s also a video of @amal doing 3 installs in Europe, but I can’t find it right now.

2 Likes

I’ve fixed the first URL.

Can I suggest starting with a ring instead? It doesn’t require implanting but is waterproof, easy to wear pretty much all the time, and the Magic/T5577 ring provides slightly more functionality than the NeXT.

This still has a lot of the cool factor, would be easier to get the parents accepting of it, and will meet your use case. If it’s any help I have no implants yet and I use a dual frequency ring almost all the time. I haven’t yet switched over to the Magic ring but I do have one.

3 Likes

Is this it?

3 Likes

IT IS! Thanks for finding it :smiley:

2 Likes

Don’t Mifare 1k cards refuse to be natively read on iOS devices? I only know of NTAG cards that can be (at least) background read. If @JustAGlitch wants to use it for a business card, going the way of something with an NTAG Card in it might be a little better.

If I was going to get a ring I would just get a 50 cent non biocompatible flex tag and sew it into my watch band (hard to describe but would be almost invisible sandwiched between the 2 layers). Part of the whole point though is 1 the cool factor, ngl, and 2 not having to wear anything and the convenience of getting a next once and never having to worry about it. I wear contacts right now, since I’m too young for lasik or anything (and it looks gross af (but I guess that night be how my parents see an implant)), but I guess that is kinda similar to this. Either put in contacts or glasses every day or do something once and it’s more convenient in the long run.

No idea, I only use Android… Sorry.

Well, I wear glasses (I have to be careful with contacts as I tend to get peripheral injection with them).

However, unlike my watch I leave both of my rings on all the time. So I don’t forget them. (Wedding ring and dual frequency).