Rfid Wedge reader wont stop beeping when I plug it in

Hello, I got the NeXT implant about 6 months ago and i bought some supplies to go with it. I recently started messing around with my implant again recently but my wedge reader wont stop beeping when i plug it into my laptop. it wont write either. am i forgetting something? It would stay silent and write fine when i first got it. Any Help would be great, thank you.

Try different laptops, other usb ports, if it’s the same, the kbr1 is probably broken.

1 Like

you can search this forum and see others have had this same issue and it usually ends up being that the USB port the reader is plugged into is under powered, or performing some kind of power saving which basically “browns out” the reader and it resets itself over and over (beep beep beep)

2 Likes
1 Like

Im gonna try another computer. Nothing seems to be working. Ive only used it once so im not sure if its broken. It seems im having the same trouble as some other people but ill try another computer and let you guys know.

1 Like

I just used another computer and it works great. For some reason my windows laptop refuses to work. Thank you guys.

1 Like

It’s likely a driver related issue. I had the same problem on my desktop and narrowed it down but my keyboard doesn’t work without that specific driver and I don’t feel like getting a different one.

Some folks have desoldered the speaker and that seems to work okay but YMMV.

1 Like

It can also be a power issue. Others have stated that adding a powered USB hub between the reader and the computer resolves the problem for them.

1 Like

Well we might kind of be saying the same thing. It’s the drivers affecting the output in order to save power or some other reason. In my case the same ports work fine when that specific driver is disabled. I will order a usb voltmeter to check.

2 Likes

What driver did you narrow it down to? I’m having the same issue.

I think it’s kinda ridiculous that a $40 dollar device doesn’t work and people suggest to just switch the computer. Like it’s a practical solution to replace a $3k gaming computer or switch OS’s :roll_eyes:

Should have posted this in my other response, but, I don’t think it’s always that. I have always on USB, and the kbr1 works fine when the computer is off, but as soon as windows boots, it starts beeping.

Could still be power issues, when windows isn’t booted theres no power saving measures, or other loads on the system, when it is windows does everything it can to run efficiently

That doesn’t line up with what other people have experienced by switching OSs on the same computer. I don’t have the time today, but I’m willing to bet that if I boot from an ubuntu usb I won’t have this issue.

This is a bummer, because what I found most useful about the xsiid was being able to log into my desktop without so much hassle.

Check the bios for power saving settings at the motherboard level, check other ports on the same machine, and finally put a powered hub between

1 Like