The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

There’s definitely lots of aspects that could be improved, but in this instance I would specifically cite that I don’t have any of my vaccination information from when I was young, because I moved around a lot and you have to rely on your old doctors office to fax your records to the next one down the chain. Those are gone now for me, would have been convenient to have a national registry since vaccinations of all kinds are at least 50% a public safety concern instead of just personal safety.

2 Likes

I have records of some of my vaccinations (like my Measles vaccine) but by no means all. Medical Records are complicated, particularly as different states have different rules about retention.

There are definitely aspects that could be improved drastically. Standardized medical record formats, a central repository for them, universal healthcare,… But the quality of care is pretty good.

Not to be the derail-monster again, but I just realized that when typing words like “exactly”, it’s doing the same - is that intended? :wink:

2 Likes

Clearly or it would be next to a titanic mistake.

I assume it is looking for a simple string whether it is embedded in a word or not. Depending on how it is done it might be possible to change that to non-alphabetic characters surrounding the name.

1 Like

Haha, nope.
I saw that in your other post and took a screenshot.

Screenshot_20210418-065524_Chrome
I have a fault logged with Discourse, they are looking at it, and have agreed there is an issue.

It is also doing it for compound words like Titanic (thanks @Zwack) that I was already aware of

NExT was the obvious one it was going to happen with, so I have also asked about being case sensitive.

You guys are my Guinea pigs whilst I try to make some mods, so apologies if it is throwing off your posts vibe.

I had overlooked the word exact for xAC, so I might remove that, like I have done for the NExT until a fix / patch comes through.

Also, the word Titanic, I didn’t think would be used much… Unless somebody was being a Titanic dick :wink:

Luckily if it is a phrase, it is smart enough to do it correctly.

Lifestyle vs lifestyle bundle

2 Likes

Have you tried Roscos solution

1 Like

Could you throw it on a Google drive or something similar and use a url?

Lol specifically no. Reading comprehension :laughing:

I did consider it but that is a lot of setup and config changes because my linux disto is completely out of disk space with all the IDEs I’ve needed to set up and the software is made for a 800B NDEF not a 7.6kB NDEF

Definitely explore black white reduction (2bit) and then vectorize?

2 Likes

That’s a bummer, it was my best suggestion for you also.

There is this post in his thread that may help a little, talking about changing saturation and file formats, it probably won’t get you were you are going but it might help you down the path

Ha, and yeah, I just saw Amals post above, yeah that too…

1 Like

Did all that between Paint.NET and Illustrator. Ended up looking like the forgotten textures on a break room whiteboard in half life. Ended up converting to B/W and exporting as a PNG then using this conversion site to convert to a webp and got it down to 7.2kB but you could still read the lot number. Attempting to load onto my implant as a vCard now.

1 Like

Fuck. TagWriter does some compression of it’s own and now it looks like poo again.

Not to throw a wrench in your plans, but does iPhone even recognize a ndef image thru background scan?

If not you’re back to needing to download an app, or it possibly not work for give or take 50% of the phones out there

vCard

iPhones won’t accept vCard via ndef :-/

How confident are you of that?

Pretty sure I tried that in the beginning, which is why I had to resort to popl,

You can with an app, but iPhone didn’t background scan it

Just wanna jump in and say - happy to be back again in this wonderful living room of a thread!

So, no more…

…and we all just stay

15 Likes

Coma has such a way with words :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I was pretty sure

But… Trust but verify,

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252573550