The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

In theory Iā€™m younger than that, but Iā€™ve also had said weight for a bit, which I hear makes the loose skin more likely

I was fat from 12 yo to 35 (and a heavy smoker, and a heavy drinker), so thereā€™s hope :slight_smile:

giphy (3)

Iā€™m so sorry. I had to.

3 Likes

giphy

5 Likes

Iā€™m curious: those of you who have a Titan, can you do stuff thatā€™s really rough for the fingertips without hurting (or ending up in the ER), like rock climbing, archery, playing the congas or the guitar, or do you limit your activities to crochet or computer typing? How careful do you have to be - if at all?

1 Like

@anon3825968 this has been asked several times before. There are people who lift weights with a titan and others who rock climb.
Titan finger install and weightlifting?
Titan install sharing thread

2 Likes

Generally, I donā€™t notice unless I put pressure directly on the magnet. Of course my day to day is mostly sitting in front of a computer. The odd car work is not an issue. Mine is off to one side and about 1/3 the way from the last joint to the fingertip.

1 Like

Itā€™s off topic, but heyā€¦

I just picked up a SKS. Iā€™m not nearly well enough versed in the minutiea of the SKS family tree to say exactly what it is, but Iā€™m certain itā€™s nothing rare.

It is:
Norinco
Has Bayonet Lug
Notched for blade Bayonet.

Iā€™m wanting a custom stock for it, and thought maybe one of the gun nuts on here could tell me where to go looking.

I want the new stock to be exactly the same as the original, except. A.) Not beat up, and B.) 2 to 2-1/2 inches longer. I want it to be as original looking as possible otherwise, even down to using the original hardware, stamped serial number, butt-plate, and clean kit storage area.

Thoughts?

Donā€™t go full bubba with tapco, tacticool stuff, just donā€™t

Unfortunately, as much as in a gun aficionado , surplus isnā€™t my game so I canā€™t really give you a lot of advice, but there are many sks circles to be found

As far as stocks go, I canā€™t recommend anything ā€œoriginalā€ but Boydā€™s gunstocks is a pretty nifty custom laminate stock service thatā€™s fairly painless

Select your gun from the list of of guns they have the dimensions on file for,
Select style, color, polish, (I think there a length of pull option, but I remember it not being very customizable)

Not the grade of stuff @anon3825968 used to make, but nice enough that it looks nice, but not so nice your afraid to mess it up

150-200 depending on options would be my guess, which depending on the whether it was marked up or not due to politics, could be more than the gun lol

I keep wanting a 10/22 in their ā€œblasterā€ style, in nutmeg, and high polishā€¦ but it always gets put off

That would highly depend on the location. Mine sits extremely well, almost at the very side of my ring finger, so I never really notice it.
In the beginning I was carefull, but it never hurt. Not climbing but multiple different sports involving hands, even falling on my hands was fine, the titan wasnā€™t the problem there :slight_smile: .
Sometimes I feel it intensely and will move the finger, but thatā€™s it.
Itā€™s gotten to the point that I do not think about it, unless I feel it, itā€™s titan so I dont really care, itā€™s not like itā€™s gonna fail.

Hey, lookie here what finally arrived from Czechia:

Two brand-spanking new RS232 long-range readers in full made-in-China glory, complete with the ever-present QC card that tells you itā€™s been inspected by nobody at all. The QC cards arenā€™t stamped with the usual red ideogram though: I wonder if I should return the readersā€¦ Or perhaps it means theyā€™re superior quality :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Holy crap! Of all the stupid things Brexit brought about, this one takes the cake:

2 Likes

In other news they are going to get rid of decimal currency and revert to the old systemā€¦

NOTE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AND AMERICANS: One shilling = Five Pee. It helps to understand the antique finances of the Witchfinder Army if you know the original British monetary system:

Two farthings = One Haā€™penny. Two haā€™pennies = One Penny. Three pennies = A Thrupenny Bit. Two Thrupences = A Sixpence. Two Sixpences = One Shilling, or Bob. Two Bob = A Florin. One Florin and one Sixpence = Half a Crown. Four Half Crowns = Ten Bob Note. Two Ten Bob Notes = One Pound (or 240 pennies). One Pound and One Shilling = One Guinea.

The British resisted decimalized currency for a long time because they thought it was too complicated.

From Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

I hope that I am wrong, but I wouldnā€™t put it past them.

But the real question is, what do they smell like? :smirk:

Watching raw stupidity is endlessly fascinating sometimes:

I donā€™t know what impresses more: the ladiesā€™ level of mental incompetence of their ability to peel off UHF stickers with those polycarbonate clawsā€¦

Best quote: ā€œWhatā€™s wicked too is, this oneā€™s got numbers on it but theyā€™re all upside down!ā€
Second best quote: ā€œTo be having alarms on, they have the little alarm onā€

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That reminds me of the 710 jokeā€¦

710 = OIL?

Whats the joke?

Exactly, It did the rounds years ago, mostly it worded around a blonde joke, Too dumb to realise it was upside downā€¦and yep, that was the punch line
ā€¦but when itā€™s not a joke and somebody is actually that dumbā€¦thatā€™s a different kind of funny

Iā€™ve seen apes in the wild learn to use new tools better than that woman with the nails figured out how to open that label :unamused: :unamused:

There was a story years ago about a kid who punched 5318008 on his calculator in class and got expelled after the teacher saw it in reverse walking down the aisle, got her pants in a knot and reported the kid.