The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

indeed!

Although I think I would rather have one larger transdermal plug, with all of those wires coming in.

If I recall, a good share of those are aimed either for fast charging, or for allowing the connection from either orientation.
I might be very wrong there, though.

On a similar noteā€¦
There is one other option, which is to implant a reef coral subdermal, anchored to the bone.
There is more to it, but the Idea is to trick the body to treating the reefā€™s calcium as dead bone, so it layers a new chunk of calcium on top of itā€¦ properly anchoring it to the bone. Thinking skull here, because this process was designed by a guy who wanted to have proper hornsā€¦ but also because the skin to bone location on some areas of the skull, such as immediately above the ears, is fairly constant (thus minimising shearing).

By having oneā€™s own bone being the material crossing through the skin you are to expect minimised reactions and methods might be devised to bond back the skin to that protuding bone.

Iā€™ve heard (yet never met) people who achieved the first stage here. Never heard a trustworthy source about the second stage (fusing the skin around the bone).

Yet, if this was achieved, you would have a proper bridge to run cables. :wink:

Anyhow, just spitballing untested theories here.

1 Like

Pondering about anything else was only useful to get that out of the way.
The only option (so far) tested on the longer term is the head :skull:

The good news is that the brain seems to be a rather welcoming interface to connect to.
Unlike the other parts of the nervous system.

šŸ›¤ļø

Holly F Molly, if unicorns approve :unicorn: :rainbow: :poop: :toilet: SquattyPottyā„¢ for sure Iā€™d better start urgent search for an intergalactical association of high authority to approve my letter!!

Iā€™ll need the masterā€¦

1 Like

What do you exactly mean?

I dig up the linksā€¦to be edited!
:chains:

EDIT:

ā€¦so I listed examples when wires are poked into the brain.
Recently I did some research about this.
I was especially interested in implants in the head and the number of wires (loosely speaking).

Specific examples

I found that there are a few ways to (what youā€™d consider) attach devices to the body.

1. Like prosthetic limbs: pick up signals from the skin
  2. Stimulate the nerves mechanically: haptic
  3. Stimulate the brain electrically: the list I commented above.

ā€˜Neural Dustā€™ picks up muscle contraction directly. The implant recorded electrical potentials from the cerebral cortex.

It has a 64-channel interface.1 The Neuralink team in 2019 reports to stretch this number up to 1024 in rats. 2. A publication from 2004 analizes the relation between the number of electrodes and the audiological outcome of multichannel auditory brainstem implant (ABI). The report concludes that the quality of sensation can be improved with a deductive method. Implanted electrodes are de-activated if they donā€™t give auditory sensation, they give unwanted, stimuli or non distinguishable for another electrodeā€™s signal.

Bibliorgraphy
  1. Muller, R., Le, H., Li, W., Ledochowitsch, P., Gambini, S., Bjorninen, T., Koralek, A., Carmena, J., Maharbiz, M., Alon, E. and Rabaey, J., 2015. A Minimally Invasive 64-Channel Wireless Ī¼ECoG Implant. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, 50(1), pp.344-359.
  2. Chung, J., Joo, H., Fan, J., Liu, D., Barnett, A., Chen, S., Geaghan-Breiner, C., Karlsson, M., Karlsson, M., Lee, K., Liang, H., Magland, J., Pebbles, J., Tooker, A., Greengard, L., Tolosa, V. and Frank, L., 2019. High-Density, Long-Lasting, and Multi-region Electrophysiological Recordings Using Polymer Electrode Arrays. Neuron, 101(1), pp.21-31.e5.
  3. Kuchta, J., Otto, S., Shannon, R., Hitselberger, W. and Brackmann, D., 2004. The multichannel auditory brainstem implant: how many electrodes make sense?. Journal of Neurosurgery, 100(1), pp.16-23.
Links

https://thejns.org/view/journals/j-neurosurg/100/1/article-p16.xml
https://escholarship.org/uc/item/1rb9m5f5
https://www.cell.com/neuron/pdf/S0896-6273(18)30993-0.pdf

I was looking for a link to reference this:

There was a neuro-surgeon explaining how poking stuff into the head is a better way to connect stuff to the nerves, because the brain itself doesnā€™t hurt.
I didnā€™t find it yet. =( I think it was a video of an operation, maybe hearing implant? I deleted my search historyā€¦

I am by no means expert on the field. Neither have time to do extended research on the topic, so I am not competent by any stretch of the imagination. These are more like off-cuts of my research that can not be submitted at uni.

On a side note, I just watched the End of Evangelion, and the 2nd half is just a full blown acid trip
I am really not sure how I feel about it
On one hand I really liked it

2 Likes

You meant this?

or something more technical?

@Midoriya, I thoght I could get away to unicornlad without being specific :frowning:

Auditory brainstem implant, Neuralink, Visual Cortical Prosthesis System, deep brain stimulation to the :brain:
Other than that you can mainly do hapticā€¦but you can prove me wrong by citing ultrasonic neural dust.

Huh?

Yeah, If we didnā€™t ā€œknowā€ @Atilla , That post would have been quicky sent to Microchiped or frequencies, mindreading, 24/7 followed or watched

I read back my commentsā€¦ boy, are they gibberish?!
Embarrassment reached level 11 on a 1-10 scale. Iā€™ll blame it on the lack of :zzz:
:point_up:Found some of the links I was looking for. I edited my comment.

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Flashlight ā€œX-rayā€

Iā€™ll try to find a decent torch. my last one got fucked.

on a similar noteā€¦

Does anyone here know of a good, low profile flat surface torch?
Preferably with strobo mode and pressure pad activationā€¦ Good to be mounted sideways on a picatinny/RIS/RAS rail?
Bonus kudos if it can already come in a pair sharing the same activation padā€¦ :sweat_smile:

I assume someone like @anon3825968 would know of? :wink:

Nope. I donā€™t deal with tactical stuff other than what I work on at work, and my side gig is luxury hunting break actions.

damnā€¦ Guess Iā€™ll have to learn how to make someā€¦ =/

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Make some what? Tactical flashlights or break-actions? :slight_smile:

If itā€™s the former, Iā€™m pretty sure you can buy naked Picatinny clamps. With some machining, you could easily mount any old flashlight you want.

the tactical torches I need.
I can 3D model/print the body. That much is easy for me.

What would be slightly trickier for my skill level is to locate the right quality components and assemble the torch the right way: LEDs, reflexive back?, battery, circuitry, connect both units, connect both to a pressure pad with the right mode pads and togglesā€¦ and where the heck to find such a pad. :woman_shrugging:

3D printed plasticky parts and recoilā€¦ Hmm. Why am I not totally convinced :slight_smile:

These ones wonā€™t meet recoil. :wink:

Also, once the prototype is ready I can take for someone to machine it out of my .stl

WMLL6yu

CHAAAARLIEEEE!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like