The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

If the magnet qould rotate in the glass it could shatter the glas by getting smashed/cracked against it/ratteling inside

Ignoring that, it would be pretty cool sensation

Ooo that gives me an idea, I should pm Amal

1 Like

“As the magnets”

Gee I wonder what’s more likely to be damaging things, the simple magnet, or the wireless charger that’s pumping out juice

Nah let’s blame the magnet

They literally say “between” your phone and charger

1 Like

I remember you asking for citations. Since then I posted quite a bit. Phrase your remaining questions, I am happy to unfold.

I just have been so lucky :slight_smile:

I smashed my Finger in the car door.

But the one next to the magnet :slight_smile:

I talked with Amal somewhere on the board about spinning magnets. Basically the glass tube is smooth enough it should freely rotate.

Tracking just got updated, seems like I get my titan tomorrow!
I’m hyped and had to tell someone

5 Likes

Interesting point. But a RAM on a computer can also be easily “PUT IN” and removed. And we don’t say, my computer “wears” 64Gb of Ram.

I get it if it was really easily removed like an actual ear piercing. Do you wear earnings? But a chip implant is not “as easy” to remove as just an ear piercing. They aren’t “on” the body but “in” the body (grant it, is under 1 thin layer of skin) just like a tattoo

A bit more of a context. Japanese per example

For clothes from “着る” (kiru) as in the person is “wearing something”

But for a Hat you don’t say ”着る” you say â€œèą«ă‚‹â€ (kaburu) which is also synonyms of “suffer”, but it translates to English the same way “Wearing a hat”, when the meaning is referred as “to cover something from the top”

For shoes and socks is â€œć±„ăâ€ (haku) which is also translated to English commonly as Wear but it refers to putting something from bellow, can sometimes also be used with “jeans” “shorts” “pants” but not underwear.

For accessories its â€œä»˜ă‘ă‚‹â€ (tsukeru) also translated as wearing but the actual meaning is more like “attached”, used for eyelashes, earnings, other small things that are placed over the body, including body paint and glasses, even contacts over the eyes.

For a ring is “はめる” (hameru) which means to “fit something inside a shape is designed for” (this also is used as "しどる” (shiteru) doing or presenting or being) and also â€œä»˜ă‘ăŠă‚‹â€ (tuketeru) “attached”

For nail painting they use “桗る” (nuru) which means “painted or coated” is the verb that refers as to cover something with a liquid layer.

As for things that go inside the body they use â€œć…„ă‚ŒăŠă‚‹â€ (ireteru) which means “to put in” as a screw for a bone, pacemaker, etc that is inside the body, including sub-dermal silicone implants as they are also “put in” or “embedded” even right under the skin.

The word for Tattoo in Japanese is ć…„ă‚Œćąš (irezumi) which consists of two kanji, one is the previously mentioned “to put in” and the other is “Ink”, so at least in Japanese even a tattoo is considered something that is put inside.

ç§ăŻć…„ă‚Œćąšă‚’ć…„ă‚ŒăŠă‚‹
"Me (subject) tattoo (direct object particle) put in (verb conjugated in present sense)
is translated to English as
“I have a tattoo”

And for a microchip implant

ćœŒć„łăŻăƒžă‚€ă‚Żăƒ­ăƒăƒƒăƒ—ă‚€ăƒłăƒ—ăƒ©ăƒłăƒˆă‚’ć…„ă‚ŒăŠă‚‹
“She (subject) microchip implant (direct object particle) put in (verb conjugated in present sense)”
is commonly translated to English as in:
“She has a microchip implant”

2 Likes

there have been a few mentioned in the forum over time, here is the first one that sprung to mind when you asked.

Purely from memory, not sure if answers you directly as it was a “proposed” law also not sure where it ended up.
anyway
FYI

but not really tho
 you have to open the case, which requires tools
 you have to shut down the computer to perform the “operation”
 people even joke about doing “computer surgery” when working on the guts inside the case
 this is the same as chip implants being installed in my opinion
 not as significant as heart surgery or anything but it is far more involved than putting on or “wearing” clothes.

1 Like

That is a good point.

Uhhh, I just love how conceptual and borderline philosophical these topics get in Japanese! :star_struck:

The language is so evolved that these issues we have become even sillier then!

Although
 maybe they go a tad bit too far when you use different numbers/counting wether you are counting “objects that come in pairs”, or “objects which are thin and wide”, or “things that are long and cylindrical”
 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just love that!!
Thanks for your input, @RyuuzakiJulio!! Really appreciated! :grin:

In English, though, I tend to see the divide here at a level even simpler than “ease of removal”:

“Wearing” something implies on covering the external surface with it.

I wear clothes
I wear warpaint
My phone wears it’s case
It’s so cold that I am wearing this blanket now!

Although
 talking about implants
 personally, my stance is that:

At some point

“I installed this implant”
then

“This is my implant”.

Just like I say “this is my eye”.
I don’t “wear” an eye. I don’t “dress” an eye. I simply “have” it.

There you go!! :relieved:

1 Like

Buuuuut
 (since we had this topic somewhere else already :wink: )
Do you wear your implant with pride?

I just can’t think of any English sentence that would mean the above without the word “to wear” in it

And, @RyuuzakiJulio - thanks for those insights! That’s really incredibly detailed, and I love that kind of “exact” language! Though it must be a pain to actually learn it
^^

3 Likes

Right now, I can say even more than pride! :wink:

There is my “little red dot of joy”

And the Titan ended up filling a void left by a body mod I had, which I had to remove

It’s filling me with nostalgia already!! :relaxed:

Maybe I’m borrowing from portuguese here and this is not an actual english sentence

“I Portray my implants with pride”

Or you could go piratey:
“Hoist my implant high”

Can you give it in german? (I assume you speak german natively?)

Also, is it “an unicorn” or “a unicorn”

damn. well spotted! :laughing:

I tend to use an prior to any vowell sound,
Therefore

an unicorn
an hour
an alembic

vs

a car
a house
a nala

1 Like

A unicorn

NORMALLY if the following word starts with a vowel the preceeding word is “an” but also the sound is MORE important, in this case a “y” (yoo·nuh·kawn) and since “y” is only a “sometimes” vowel

It was AN Honour to answer this for you.

ENGLISH
you pedantic bitch, you keep us on our toes.

4 Likes

My mind hears unicorn, But also

3 Likes

What about

personally I don’t think the corn needed hoofs, a tail or a horn.

It is now a uni-unicorn corn :bike: :unicorn: :corn:

3 Likes

2 Likes