The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

You can throw money at Amal first and then wait too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Checking https://dngr.us/apex for the 7th time todayā€¦ why is waiting so hard?
I couldnā€™t even implant it yetā€¦ god I couldnā€™t even buy it yet if it were availableā€¦ but still I want it now :weary:

1 Like

I was today years old when I learned that Lambert from the original Alien movie is canonically trans!

The first sentence of the image reads : ā€œSubject is Despin Convert at birth (male to female). So far no indication of suppressed trauma related to gender alteration.ā€

Thatā€™s fucking rad. I never knew.

5 Likes

That whole franchise made away with sneaking up some decades-ahead stuff between the lines loads of times.

1 Like

Sigourny weaver went to a play about it. Wholesome.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/krystieyandoli/sigourney-weaver-alien-play-north-bergen-school-new-jersey

1 Like

Anyone have report on the flexMN range? (non wedge). Or have the Magic Ntag and T5577 not shipped yet?

thenā€¦ nop. :sweat_smile:

But if youā€™re interested in my report for the wedge, you can find it here.

1 Like

I got mine a week or so ago (normal disc flexMN, no blinkies). Iā€™ve been playing around with it a bit, but I havenā€™t installed it yet. The range on it seems decent - get a solid read from my phone about 3/4" out, consistent reads on contact. Iā€™ve noticed read/writes take a while (when I try to get a full scan on NFCInfo, it can take a couple seconds to populate), and Iā€™m still trying figure out how to get it to play right as an NTAG216 and write some NDEF to it (I get fails when I try writing any amount of data to it, and it thinks that it only has 41 bytes memory available).

1 Like

Just curious as to where you plan to install yours.
I was thinking watch face but Iā€™ve also consider inner forearm

Iā€™m hoping the full-size antenna flexMN will be a lot more decent than that.

That there is my main worry. I donā€™t need a flaky NTAG216. Iā€™ll reopen myself once to install a replacement to my flexNExT, but not twice.

Inner forearm was actually wear I wanted my flexNExT originally, but my artist advised me against it, so I went with watch face, and Iā€™m just planning on replacing the dead flexNExT with the flexMN.

To be fair, thatā€™s coming from my phone, which didnā€™t have particularly good range when reading the flexNExT either. Iā€™d wager that theyā€™re about the same range, just from comparing from the phone scans. Iā€™ve misplaced my ACR122U atm, but next time I start up my desktop computer, Iā€™ll run some distance measurements on the pm3 to see how it responds with a better antenna set up.

I wouldnā€™t necessarily describe it as ā€œflakyā€ - the first thing I did to it once I had got the pm3 set up was nearly brick the thing, but after some messing around, I revived it back to what it was originally. The fact that itā€™s recoverable makes me want to describe it more as robust rather than flaky. The problem is coming from actually setting it up to emulate properly, which I think can be done, but Iā€™m just not familiar enough with anything here (magic chips, NFC/NTAG layouts, proxmark3ā€™s client, RFID hacking in general) to actually get anything done. Iā€™ve been really busy with working 2 jobs these days or Iā€™d devote more time to trying to get it figured out so other people could check it out when they get theirs, but Iā€™m sure someone will get it sorted at some point - at which point, I imagine it will be just like any other NTAG21X out there.

I wasnā€™t criticizing you you know :slight_smile:

All Iā€™m saying is, I donā€™t take too kindly to being scalpeled open, and the logistics to do so are not a walk in the park for me, as my installer is on the other side of the country. So I need something reliable that performs well. Hence my concern. I donā€™t really care about the emulation feature: what I care about is flying to Helsinki with a solid performing implant, and reasonable expectations that I wonā€™t have to go through that rigmarole again.

1 Like

Honestly Iā€™m not as worried about the ntag range, I have two ntag chips in my hand anyway. Iā€™m only getting the flexMN because like why not have the longer range HF with my already needed long range t5577. Also blinkies. I was just about to buy the flexEM until the MN was announced and now I wait :slightly_smiling_face:
Youā€™d be surprised as to how many people in the deep south donā€™t believe you have an implant even after demonstration. I think having leds might do the trick

Yeah, that too. So in a sense, it works out well for me: I can wait until (if?) Amal has a solution for this, by which time Iā€™ll know if the full-size flexMN is as good a flexNExT replacement as Iā€™m hoping itā€™ll be from early adopterā€™s reports :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you going to opt out of the t5577 again?

For sure, didnā€™t think you were :slight_smile: I just donā€™t want the take away from my description to be that the chip is flaky - I think given what Iā€™ve already put it through, it held up pretty well :laughing: I totally understand about not wanting to get scalpeled open repeatedly and all that though, so it makes totally sense why you would be hesitant.

Not this time I think: I liked the flexibility of the doNExT, and I liked how I got feelings back quickly from the skin reconnecting through the center hole. But the flipside of this is, when the doNExT died, I was left with a brick under my skin - no leftover functionality - and itā€™ll make replacement more complicated, as my installer will have to slice through the bridge of reconnected fascia.

1 Like

Well I donā€™t tend to draw conclusions too quickly usually. But Iā€™m particularly jumpy about the flexMNā€™s performances, as the flexNExT replacement will be a once-only, costly and time-consuming affair. I would hate to have to go through all this and find myself disappointed.

Sorry, I donā€™t mean to sound overly demanding or entitled, but this really is important for me.

1 Like

Not sure what your replacement plans are, but for the least traumatic removal, couldnā€™t you cut a single cut that goes radially from the inner diameter to the outer diameter, at a depth that goes through the DoNext, and then get ahold of one edge via forcepts and pull it out while turning it at the same time?

Once that healed up, then you could reinsert in the same location with much less trauma overall.

Interesting concept, with a number of tiny flaws:

• Iā€™d have to do that myself, stitch it up and let it heal up ahead of time
  • The empty pocket will be totally reconnected by the time I get to the installer
  • Even if the empty pocket doesnā€™t reconnect, the installer would still have to separate the bit that had reconnected through the doNExTā€™s hole to install the hole-less flexMN
  • Something tells me the flexNExT would bite me like a mofo twisting and sliding out of the pocket like that
  • It would leave a second scar smack in the middle of my wrist, where I just donā€™t want one
  • It would leave me with a damaged flexNExT, and I have plans for that guy after removal (read on)

Nahā€¦ I donā€™t see what this would be in aid of. My idea is much simpler: ask the installer to slice through the original scar, reach in there with his dermal shoehorn over the flexNExT to separate the middle bit (which, from my experience, should take no more than 2 intensely painful seconds flat), slide the flexNExT out, slide the flexMN in, stitch, done. The original scar is right at the edge of the flexNExT too, so there would be nothing more than that bit of fascia to separate.

As for the flexNExT, my plan is to ask Amal a photo of him with a silly smile on his face, and his hand holding a flexNExT (or something similarly sized) upclose in front of the camera. Iā€™d then photoshop in a silly remark, blow up and print the image so the flexNExT-like object ends up the same size as the real thing on the print, put my dead flexNExT over it, stick an ACR122U behind it so the LEDs blink, and frame the whole thing :slight_smile: There, I just asked him in fact :slight_smile:

So, a silly artsy project, Coma-style. No way Iā€™ll let the flexNExT go to waste.

4 Likes