The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Implants to me and most people is associated with breast or medical implants. I donā€™t like implants too much but I donā€™t think insidables is better, it sounds like an adult toy online storeā€¦

I like Upgrades and itā€™s what I use in the app Iā€™m making. It is vague enough not to trigger google (I hope) and sounds much more positive than something medical.

Edit: Ok maybe Iā€™m too harsh on insidables. It just sounds more like a pun than a word you would use seriously.

5 Likes

If you donā€™t mind doing some wiring and a little coding I would take a look at QMK. Its FOSS firmware for keyboards and mice which also includes bluetooth capability. Of course youā€™ll have to wire up the macropad yourself but the documentation is really good and has lots of community support.

1 Like

I agree, augment or upgrade is a lot better! Besides, cyberpunk media has already assigned the correct meaning to these words.

:rofl:

Had not seen it that way but it does sound like something temporary that you put inside of you when you want to have funā€¦ Instead of something that becomes a part of you, and not only in the physical sense. How many of you have incorporated an implant into your routine? Or use it to store personal information like your business card?

2 Likes

In that context, I think it is lighthearted and funny, however without that context and being prefixed with wearables, it could be construed as a variety of ā€œother thingsā€

5 Likes

Is walletmor still around?

I keep getting an error when I try to access their site

1 Like

Far more importantly

Screenshot_20230630_083213_Chrome

Whereā€™s the Jeep?

Dont get me wrong, I like Futurama, just curious?

2 Likes

It will probably make a reappearance, I was sort of halfway toying with an idea.

Plus, who doesnā€™t like the Original Party Worm!

4 Likes

Itā€™s bbq night and I thought I would share the view

Works for me

6 Likes

An amazing view!!

2 Likes

So hooked you even wrote an eBook about it ( or is that 2 books, since its in 2 languages? )

2 Likes

Haha :joy: letā€™s say two! Also made it my jod for a while, wrote a paper, tons of code, made countless gadgets and still making stuff to this day (8 years later)ā€¦
Iā€™m not obsessed

5 Likes

Are you in the US? It seems I can get it to work for a moment before Iā€™m redirected to the US site

Same thing happens for me.

1 Like

This wonā€™t help you at all, but, from NZ, i dont get redirected?

Is there something I can look up for you?

Have you tried going through a VPN?

Have you tried the wayback machine :man_shrugging: ?

might redirect, might give you EU pages

1 Like

Thatā€™s the ticket, got the non-US site now

Thanks!

1 Like

Nope :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So I bought some small N42 magnets to test a few thingsā€¦

Gosh, these are significantly less powerful and scary than I expected.

Also, what can I do to get an idea of what Iā€™d get out of an implant? Trying to find the transformer in my Microwave? Laptop fans? Any other suggestions?

Ahemā€¦ get a PICOā€¦ :joy:

More seriously glue it to your finger tip and go exploringā€¦ the microwave is a good start but if you have a speaker you can run whatever frequency/music and feel it. Even better if you can tear it apart and use just the coil.
Laptop transformers are a good lower frequency.

Keep in mind N42 + not implanted is not exactly optimal, Iā€™m not sure which things you will feel or not

2 Likes

You can put one on your fingernail, and one on the fingerprint side of your finger. They should attract to each other and ā€œclampā€ onto your finger. If theyā€™re small enough, you can get a tingle / buzz when near a decent field.

2 Likes

NGL, feeling a laptop fan is weird! And the same goes for the fan on an industrial power supplyā€¦ But the laptop one gives a stronger feeling.

Letā€™s see how these tests goā€¦ :magnet:

5 Likes