The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

i had the wet sponge absolutely destroy a fine tip for my ts100 a year or so ago and ive completely abandoned it for the brass/copper scrub

2 Likes

whoa! how?

Completely Speculative, but the TS100 has some electronics in the tip that manage things, the tip is ultra fine, and i can only assume the abrubt cooling cracked the tip or messed up the circuitry inside.

interesting. i would be shocked if there was actually a thermal sensor anywhere near that fine of a tip. anything is possible though.

Quick search

Looks like there is some type of thermistor in the tip pulling a reading during heatup. But it also appears a bunch of other people had my same issue. TBF this is probably the best chinesium item i have purchased. I actually bought the TS100 as a test to see if it would be a dud a few years ago and now its honestly my favorite iron.

2 Likes

I used to use a wet sponge long ago and would go through tips pretty regularly. My roommate got me into using the brass wool and the heating element on the iron dies before the tip even begins to degrade.

edit: and not having to wet the sponge every time I go to solder something is awesome.

4 Likes

Are you saying big soldering tip is behind the wet sponge conspiracy?

6 Likes

I wouldnā€™t put it past them. Why give them the good shit when it costs less to throw a bit of sponge in and get the customer to buy new tips on the regular.

1 Like

Get a good soldering iron and youā€™ll be surprised by the durability of the tips.

These ironOs irons are great with some impressive tech inside. Honestly.

I think Big sponge is in cahoots with big tip

2 Likes

works for me

however
Not quite sure how you can BOTH for 3 items.

Steel wool
Brass wool
Wet sponge

:man_shrugging:

Eriequiet setting up polls drunk again :wink:

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t seem to load properly on my phone, but loads fine on my desktop.
Scratch that, itā€™s working fine on my phone now lol

1 Like

Brother I feel that so hard. Kid 2 doesnā€™t like night time(I swear he has sun downers), my blood caffeine ratio has to be around 20%. Iā€™m peeing orange and smelling colorsā€¦

3 Likes

That was my phone view above (Brave browser)

I checked his poll syntax, and it all looks fine.

[poll type=multiple results=on_vote min=1 max=2 public=true chartType=bar]

How do you clean your Soldering iron?

• Brass wool
  • Steel wool
  • Wet Sponge
  • Both
  • Iā€™m supposed to clean it?
    [/poll]

Might be your browser
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ahhā€¦missed the update

Nevermind

1 Like

Awesome, just dont be surprised if it is a slow onset.
ā€¦but hopefully not at all

Are these your first implants?

1 Like

I did that mostly just for you,
Took you longer than I expected lol

3 Likes

Is the fact that it appears to scan payment cards with ease a scarer for card companies who might dig their heels in harder against the legitimate chip community?

Well, after almost 24 hours Iā€™m still not experiencing swelling, so fingers crossed Iā€™ll go free.
These are my first two implants, yes.

Iā€™m having a tiny bit of second thoughts about having them next to each other in L2 and L3, as it can sometimes be hard to scan the correct one with my phone, as I donā€™t know the exact place of the antenna. Do you know if itā€™s possible to ā€œforceā€ a slight migration to L1?

2 Likes

95b29f46-2f47-4299-a032-fab73c58e8fa_text

Thatā€™s something you will learn with a bit of practice.

Your hit rate should be pretty good, and you

If your hit rate is not good enough from practice, and you think you need to move it, It is by no means an easy thing to do, and it may not work at all.
We (community) could provide a couple of suggestions for you to try if you feel you need to move it
BUT
In reality, if you wanted to move it, removing and replacement that would probably be the easiest and most realistic option

2 Likes