The dream Chip (keeping it close to achievable, though)

if only we could have non-reactive safe chips…

That would be amazing!! :star_struck:

@locksmith31 has posed this previously also

OrdinarySmoggyDaddylonglegs-size_restricted giphy (16)

OR

SCANNER…
IMPLANT…
READ…
AUTHORISED…
4c1d2fe38431510e25f5736bcfa4f252

2 Likes

we kinda have that now… when shaking hands you use your thumb to probe around L0 for an implant in the person’s hand you’re shaking :slight_smile: works pretty well actually.

4 Likes

Is this some kind of left handed shake? Because that sounds pretty terrible

I can’t picture how someone would wind up with their hand on my left hand

I imagine a fist bump that makes a chirp

And this has turned into a derail

It works well unless you can’t feel any implant. Then you’re left trying to explain to a random dude why you’ve been fondling his hand with your thumb for the last 5 seconds.

1 Like

yeah… basically you shake their hand as normal with your right hand… then you grapple them to the ground and put their left arm in a leg lock… then jab your thumb into their hand repeatedly until you find a chip or the police arrive. simple really. works really well!

No no, it’s really subtle… normies don’t even notice their arm being pulled from its socket.

5 Likes

If you could make an implant that does a display like the one shown in this image how would you do it?

I’m thinking flex pcb layers for a seven segment display, a razor thin battery with a qi charger module, and probably some kind of specialized illuminating bit (don’t think smd LEDs will make the cut). Maybe OLED if power wasn’t an issue but idk.

4 Likes

Excellent idea. Do you have any experience testing prototypes like that? I’m sure the community would be able to provide some help with that.

I’ve hacked little things together over the years. I feel like this wouldn’t be too difficult to achieve. Using straight flex oled is still a long way off though, the tech just isn’t there yet. If I or someone could think of an ingenious way to get the lumins needed on such a display then the only thing left would be to figure how to implant that monster without too much scarring :joy:

1 Like

My other crazy idea: implantable proxmark3 or other device like the chameleon tiny

Key problem, battery.

it’s has to be possible though, if these guys can engineer it. someone can open source it eventually.
just found these from a cursory search.

https://www.eaglepicher.com/markets/medical-power/

edit: found this article as well. seems pretty interesting! (one of their prototypes is a flat plane :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Ha ha famous last words :joy: well let me know if you want any assistance

1 Like

So true, lol…
After this project is done I’ll take a look at how much it would cost for some flex pcb prints. Even if we were to only design a concept model that still one step closer to the goal.

2 Likes

Have you seen their battery specs? And how much power any type of LED requires to keep running? Besides batteries start to run out after a few 1000s power cycles. Their size is not that small at all and re-charging them would also require a protection circuit which would have to be part of the same implant, not to mention they are not MRI safe. Is easy to dream, specially if we don’t know much about electronics, I’m no expert, so I won’t keep putting my spoon in the subject, perhaps its possible somehow, idk.

Just a heads up it will cost about $120 to get a few hundred flex PCBs (minimum order quantity). You can make it cheaper by prototyping on rigid though.

With this ‘dream’ safety is not my concern, tbh. Getting it done is. As posted above, someone has figured out a 2d plane sodium based battery, and I’ve just come across an old journal article by Kazuya Goto, and others, from 2001 in which (imo) an interesting recharging feature is discussed. Here is a piece of the abstract:

Summary

A novel power supply for medical implants has been developed. A wireless near-infrared power transmission recharges a lithium secondary battery in the power supply. A photovoltaic cell array embedded under skin receives near-infrared light through the skin and charges the battery directly powering an implanted device. We have shown that, for a photodiode area of 2.1 cm2, 17 min of near-infrared irradiation at a 810-nm wavelength with a power density of 22 mW/cm2 can send enough energy to allow regular commercial cardiac pacemakers to run for 24 h. The temperature rise of the skin during the light irradiation was 1.4 degrees C.

Anyway, I’m not here spending time to discuss how it wouldn’t work. I’m only interested in how it could work. I’m well aware of the challenges and thank you for stating their importance :slightly_smiling_face:

If anyone here is an engineer or works for venture capitalists here’s an idea. Take this guy and miniaturize it to the point where we can make a display from it. The data sheet here shows that the power consumption per cubic centimeter is pretty darn low and it’s only .4mm thick. I think this will be what I try to tinker with first!

Then again, maybe chopping up some el wire would work too.

I’m not terribly comfortable with the idea of implanting high voltage electronics. I like the idea though. A entertaining book series I’ve listened to features everyone with these little biocomputers implanted in their forearms. Like a cellphone in the inside of the wrist.

The flex PCB is perhaps the most realistic approach, especially for home projects.

Yet, to account for all the issues that such a long flex element being implanted could bring…

I would consider (with no actual skills to develop) looking into reactive luminescent elements.

There are plenty of sources for chemicals that glow if either current or some wavelength are introduced.

There are techniques within the tattoo ink industry which allows for pigments to be encapsulated in tiny plastic bubbles, in case more fine control is needed.

This way immagine you tattoo an inactive ink over an area of your skin.

Then you implant a couple of strategically placed small implants.

When active, then transmit modulated waves between them, using your skin as medium of transmission, and the modulation could activate specific clusters of pigment, making it glow.

Wouldn’t allow for displaying a picture, but if you think about those “8” shaped alphanumeric analog displays like they had in airport boards…

Could be doable! :wink:

Anyway… this was just another option.

Quite happy to see your initiative and disposition @D34G !!