Those who are backing the Titan - where are you implanting it?

Where are you at @Eyeux? I’m Norwegian and my Gf is French, if you feel like a trip to Northern Norway, you can have both :joy:

But to be on topic, I think I’ll opt for the. Dominant hand ring finger, as I never use my non dominant hand for other things than writing :joy:

1 Like

I always feel like a trip to Norway! :wink:

This was the first year I haven’t gone to Norway since I moved to UK, actually. Thanks 'rona! :confused:

That said… yeah, I’m in UK! but often seen in Oslo or Tomter :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually have both options in mind.

Original plan for the Titan was my forehead. Mostly as an experiment, to be honest. Testing the waters to see how much “passive sensing” I could gain from having a magnet in my forehead.

I do expect the sensorial gain to be negligent, though, so already had plans to remove it and re-apply somewhere else later. :sweat_smile:

I admit that the Titan might be too thick for forehead placement (i.e. will leave a permanent bump). Hence why I thought of another magnet on a thinner form-factor, even if not as permanent as the Titan, for that experiment.

As for the back of head… I doubt a sensing magnet would be useful there. Actually would probably be more a nuisance with hoodies zippers than anything else… but I did had an Idea for a rather large haworth’s Silicone implant with 4/6 magnets embedded in it. Purely aesthetic, though… :laughing:

And if weren’t for the steep price that such an implant would achieve, Titans would have the perfect shape and size for that one!! but no need for an eternal perfect sensing magnet for an implant which would double encase the magnet and kill any sensing out of it anyway… :woman_shrugging:

i.e. magnets making for the connector centers here:

But nah… Titan’s for such an application feel like a diamond tipped scalpel to open some letters. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

For many years I wore a pince nez 8 hours a day like this one:

No problem, no necrosis, my nose is still attached to my face. The key to this is weight.

Now I wear glasses, the frame of which I made myself. Total weight is less than 40 grams. Very comfy.

Didn’t know there was a real name for “the Morpheus”

4 Likes
Where do you plan implanting your Titan?
  • Fingertip
  • Hand - other
  • Ear - hearing magnet
  • Forehead
  • Lip / Tongue
  • Head - other
  • Nipple
  • Frenum
  • In my cat

0 voters

Multiple choices can be made, as some of you backed more than 1 magnet.
•spelling error: second last entry should spell frenuLUm correctly.

1 Like

Just voted for fingertip - I would like to have it there, I’m just not sure yet if my fingertip is big enough for it… if not, I’m very undecided :woman_shrugging:

Interestingly, I bought two, but can’t vote fingertip twice.

1 Like

…learning on the way:
It should have gone smtg like
•fingertip
•fingertip - multiple
•…etc
I might draw a pie chart once there is plenty of data.

That is some very special maths right there

1 Like

Casual day in life for Satur, cheating laws of maths. :+1:

2 Likes

I know of 3 frenulum in the body, there may be more *not a doctor
Upper lip, Under tongue and “banjo string”
All of which would be an interesting choice for a magnet.

Labial frenulum could be a feasible choice. I used to wear piercing there for a while. It heals rapidly.
I haven’t thought of putting it under the tongue. Some babies who are born with the so-called tied tongue get it snipped. (sometimes babies who are capable of nursing as well, but that goes to the same ballpark of piercing guns…)
I was wondering about get mine snipped so I can extend my tongue further :smirk:,
but I can’t think a reason wearing a magnet there :thinking:.

I was thinking of frenulum prepuce this time. I tried wearing piercings there quite a few times, but only with little success. Captive rings are either too big or if they are the right size it is impossible to close them once they are inserted. Barbells are not comfortable as they are too long. Clickers are not holding firmly enough, so they can get lost in various situations.
I also tried wearing a gold earring, you know… the traditional unhinged kind of. That was almost right, but it is not smooth enough for every purpose.

I considered having one perl inserted as well as a surface piercing.
TBH Im happy to blow $500 on a permanent solution. Plenty of nerves, so sensation(s) would be granted.
I guess it would be comfortable, perhaps more than a finger magnet.
Easy insertion, easy healing, even removal is easy if needed.

The only location I’d do for myself, as I can reach it with both hands, unlike finger, I can see it w/o mirror, unlike ear. I get a pro to do it btw, as I have other implant related jobs to do, so why to change the window wiper myself if I need a big service anyways.

The only downside I can think of is being reminded of presenting it as a party-trick after a night out.

Maybe I start with that and get a magnet to my ear from the 2nd batch, after I worked out the transmitter.

2 Likes

Install Titan behind the upper lip
Attach metal or magnet to the back of these

Swap out your mustache as and when the mood takes you

In fairness, you could also do that with your frenulum prepuce…

NSFW (if you are easily offended DO NOT click it)

5 Likes

Lingual frenulum....

Meanwhile a random magician:
Y-U-No

Y U No Tellin’ Me B4?!

1 Like

I just love your idea! (the SFW as well as the NSFW one :rofl: )

On a more serious side, I’m not sure if lingual frenulum would be a good idea, because it might induce permanent slight pressure on the gums, which can sometimes lead to problems - I know some people who had problems with their gums becuase of a piercing there (and lots of others who didn’t, so it might be a manageable risk :woman_shrugging: ).

Really? Even with the right tools? That’s a pity…
I had some pretty small rings in my lip, and I had absolutely no chance to get the ball in by hand, but with the right pliers, it finally worked…

Drunk people show their private parts for worse reasons, so - this does not count :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Is there right tool for this?

Yes, I believe there are specific types of pliers designed specifically for rings in general, and yet more types designed for captive bead rings. There are also other weird tools designed to hold onto the balls:

Sorry for continuing the derail :stuck_out_tongue: I just can’t help myself

calipers for measuring.
ring openers, ring closers and yes… ball grabbers :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep, I was thinking about something like that here:
https://www.trust-wholesale.de/Ringoeffnungszange-RON

You can easily open BCR of all sizes with that

1 Like

You mean… to open it?
Yes:

I almost got a spit-take there! :rofl:
Then I thought of a very valid new use for the Titan…
:thinking:

1 Like