ZINC :zinc: Android NFC cyborg multitool development

Government mail is always slow for international stuff, assume that it’ll take a month or two when using that service. Also, it’s delivered by the local governmental mail company in the destination country. So Petit Travail Tranquille in the case of France.

At least they are less likely to charge expensive custom duties or bug you over weird packages like implants and such…

2 Likes

Good to know! Thank you!

This is a big part of the reason there are delays. If you ship with a logistics carrier like DHL or UPS, the company handles it from point A to B, and they usually have a customs officer embedded in their warehouses to expedite customs processing. If you employ your domestic parcel service, there are all kinds of handoffs and accommodations that need to be made for such a model. Import, customs, address verifications and dats handoff… each of those steps is handled by separate little entities.

2 Likes

I hate quaternions

Hey everyone! An early version of ZINC just went online for the Patreons to test :tada: please lmk if it works for you
Also, use at your own risk :rofl:

7 Likes
3 Likes

@ Patreons, your Google Play code to get ZINC is available in the Patreon chat rn. It will be usable after 11pm GMT today.

2 Likes

I’m loving it! It’s nice having a place to log my implants, didn’t know I wanted that til it told me how long I’ve had each one lol
My only dislike is the empty space at the top unless you’re planning to fill that in with a banner or something.

Also, when I click the button on the top right that takes me to the documentation, if I try to go back, the app crashes.
Love the power scan function though, will make it much easier to demo the LED so I don’t have to spend ages looking for the sweet spot with my phone case on!

5 Likes

Yup it’ rfu. Reserved for future use, same for the hime screen :wink:

Could you create a ticket on the repo’s issues section?
I’ll look into it asap

:grin:
Just a reminder, since this is a test version I can’t guarantee things will transfer over to the next updates

Also that profile identicon is unique to your device. I learned to do those recently.

1 Like

I see you put the position in the name, do you think I should display the position on there somewhere?
I thought about doing it but the selectable positions are purposefully vague to keep the list reasonably long. And you have precise position instead.
Would it be helpful to include more detailed ones?

1 Like

Done!

I thought that the dates and or implants might not transfer to the official release, so I noted down the specific dates in my email just in case. I had to scroll through my photos on my phone to find the dates lol
I wanted to be specific with my locations, but I understand that the list would be pretty long if you were more specific with the choices so I think it is fine. I might go back in and change some names to “Car Key” “Badge” “Business Card” etc. It would be nice having the implant sutra but not a big concern for me.

1 Like

DUUUDDDE, That looks

SEXY AS FUCK!!!

Excellent work Az :+1:

Thanks for sharing the screenshots @invalid_signal

3 Likes

The Ultra theme looks even sexier!! I love it!

2 Likes

Can you put “ZINC” in this thread’s name now that things are a bit more official? Pwease :pray:?

2 Likes

I can do better than that…

ZINC now an Emoji
:zinc:
It’s in the title
AND
also a retort emoji

7 Likes

@Az_F damn that’s one sexy looking app. Amazing piece of work. Looking forward to trying the haptic.

4 Likes

Can anyone in the beta test try it on a tablet and provide me with some screenshots?

I figured I could define the location with a combination of three options. This way the lists stay small but the combinations are huge:

What do you think? Does that cover every body part?

On the upgrades next to the days I would display “Left hand blade” or “Right middle finger tip” for example. Chirality + Location + Qualifier

Edit: I added genitals

2 Likes

Ooohhhh I like it!
I like the the P1/P3 codes though, so I’d probably till have LP3 RP3 in my titles.

1 Like

So I did a thing…
I remember doing a poll about this but I can’t find it. Anyway, imagine Pokemon except the Pokeballs are NFC chips and Pokemon are procedural little robots.
So I made a procedural generator to generate said robots (WIP). You can tell so far the pool of body parts is limited but do we like the concept?
Bots

5 Likes