The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijackingšŸ”« thread🧵 ⁉

My concern is that when people get their implant from waIletmor it will have the same expiration problems me and others had with purewrist, where the chips they sell have 3 year expirations when they were issued, but by the time they reach the consumer 1/3 of that time has passed.

2 Likes

Oh for fuck’s sake… I ordered three ferrite sheets from Digikey - you know, like three A4 sheets of paper, only slightly thicker than paper. UPS just delivered them… in a 1’ x 1’ x 2’ cardboard box full of polystyrene peanuts.

This is shipped from the US no less. It’s fucking obscene…

2 Likes

Industrial supplier… That’s possibly the smallest box they have.

I understand the rationale: having standardized box sizes shaves a few cents off the shipping costs. But when pure economics run so directly against common sense and the good of nature, it’s still obscene. I’d rather pay a few dollars more to have a lightweight envelope that’s not full of useless plastic shipped to me instead.

In fact, I seem to remember having badgered Amal over the very same issue - too much useless packaging :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a problem with shipping in that all parcels shipped domestically within the US or internationally from the US must be in a box. If you placed these into an envelope, it would be processed as first class mail. This is often cheaper, but also violates customs and import rules since it’s a product and not paper (documents).

3 Likes

Alright then. An A4-sized box without 2 metric fucktons of polystyrene peanuts perhaps? :slight_smile:

Surely it’s not complicated if they try. It’s just that they’re not trying.

1 Like

true

HP used to ship license documents (single piece of paper) in a box a little bigger than A4 and about an inch thick. So it is do-able. But then they would ship 20 or so of these with a system which came in its own box… Still wasteful.

Completely stupid but amusing idea

A sword / scabbard that unlocks from rfid from either your sword hand, or sheath hand depending on chip locations

A simple little solonoid pin holding the 2 together

5 Likes

~similar to the Mjƶlnir idea :magnet: :hammer:

1 Like

Gee, if ever proof was needed that the police ain’t the brightest bunch, here it is:

Not only are only 42% of the officers vaccinated, the other 58% are so damn dumb they’d rather resign than be ā€œforcedā€ to get the shot (as if it was some kind of sentence… morons). But on top of that, the sheriff goes along with those shenanigans and refuses to uphold the law, because he’s afraid to lose too much personnel.

LA’s finest at its finest here ladies and gents. LASD proudly upholhing its sterling reputation. Great example for the rest of the population.

5 Likes

They can’t be that smart since covids the leading cause of death for Police officers.

4 Likes

Citation?

COVID-19 Leading Cause of Death Among Police Officers | Crime and Justice News | ASU

Five times as many police officers have died from Covid-19 as from gunfire since start of pandemic - CNN

5 Likes

Funny thing, I just got asked if they could film me paying with my implant.
Apperantly the cashier told a friend, and they didn’t believe it.

5 Likes

For tradition.
Remember Remember

7 Likes

The Fifth of November

4 Likes

Gunpowder, treason and plot

2 Likes

I know of no reason

5 Likes

I need to share a struggle bus

I’ve been using a raspberry pi with octoprint to control my 3D printer and what not,

My powerful laptop is right next to my printer, decided I should finally hook it up while I was working on some stuff

The beater light and all day laptop has been my previous go to

Go to log into the IP address like usual, and the nice computer won’t connect

Try all the basic stuff

No joy so I try the diagnostic stuff, ā€œyou computer appears correct, device doesn’t respondā€

Next I try the more advanced stuff Reset the network, reinstall drivers, cmd ipconfigs etc

No joy

Old laptop connects, new laptop won’t

Wife was trying to be a sounding board, so I demonstrated how the old laptop would connect

  • new tab, type in IP address
    …fails

…that’s weird, wait there’s a tab right there that’s…still working??? F5 yep it’s still connected but new tab won’t work… what the actual fuck

Then in front her of watching me, I realized I burned a couple hours, because I was typing 198.168, not 192.168

Fuck me, I would like to change characters please?

6 Likes