The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

His profile picture is the Laughing Man from Ghost in the Shell.

Working on my multi pass covid holder

Hereā€™s a closer picture of the fob I salvaged @enginerd

4 Likes

In good news I donā€™t have Covid 19ā€¦ Or I got a false negative and am asymptomatic. Either way works for me.

3 Likes

Has anyone here had experience with ChromeOS?
Iā€™m thinking of getting the pixel slate but mainly for media consumption (youtube) and want to make sure I can block ads for it and such
I know ChromeOS is notoriously bad for ā€œlaptopsā€ but tablets?

(Leaning more towards galaxy tab s6 or s7 but if someone wants to sway me towards this one or any other cheaper/better tablet Iā€™m open to anything)

This was a rough first attempt, next time I might take the time to sand and weather it, I did put a clear panel on top of the paper, and added a hard back to the design, so it actually protects the card
(That I might have struggles replacing since they didnā€™t enter it into the system :roll_eyes:)

Underneath the yellow button, sits a 1ā€ ntag 215,
(I also might put a few ntag215 stickers under the paper in each corner because why limit yourself)

I havenā€™t decided what I want to write to the ntag(s)
Anything from my popl contact card, something possibly useful, or something snarky ranging from 1-10

6 Likes

Surprisingly accurate on the technology, just not itā€™s breath of use.

4 Likes

It might be a sign that you spend too much time on the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks similar to @DeviantOllam Multipass

You can buy them in many places, but also thingiverse has the files

I just spent 2 hours clearing a foot of wet, heavy snow off my driveway in my brand-spanking-new NRS Paddle Wetshoes booties - in shorts, because it was only 25 degrees or something, and itā€™s such hard work I tend to sweat like a pig on a honeymoon night in any kind of clothing at those temperatures.

The NRS Paddle Wetshoes are totally waterproof, and the seal they make around my calves is tight enough to prevent snow ingress. Not sure about water thoughā€¦ No sign of damage to the rubber soles, but it wasnā€™t terribly cold.

They kept my feet warm enough, but curiously they didnā€™t feel any warmer than my thin neoprene socks despite the lining. But they were plenty adequate - at least in those mild temperatures.

Very poor tactile feedback from the ground, as expected. However, I will say this: with their super-wide toe box. they are phenomenally comfortable.

Oh well, at half the normal price, they make for pretty good shoes I donā€™t really want to wear in the first place.

How the hell did you spot that? You really are some kind of scary AIā€¦

Yea I saw that also,

Reminded me to get around to it, itā€™s been on my to print list for a while

At first I thought it was for the vaccination recordsā€¦

I like the design of that thing, but so far no one has asked me for my vaccination records in my country. The system in the US is probably better built, some people who got vaccinated in other countries have been unable to get their records in my countryā€™s covid vaccine tracking thingā€¦ This means that the ā€œscientifically correctā€ data thatā€™s being used to plan things is incomplete and everything is a mess, againā€¦ :man_facepalming:t2:

There are also some people around here who decided to take all of the available vaccines, some are on their sixth shot or soā€¦ I donā€™t expect this to be a problem for these people but Iā€™m hesitant to get more shots than needed.

@Pilgrimsmaster howā€™s 2022 looking so far?

I worry about
movie announcer voice
2020 - 2, the twenty strikes back

2 Likes

4 Likes

Did this survey. It wasnā€™t great (none of them are) but it was actually pretty interesting

2 Likes

A Beautiful sunny day.
Not a single cloud in the sky.

Hereā€™s some future sky from 2022 (sun :sun_with_face: included for scale :straight_ruler: )
:rofl:

Waiting to close off the poll in 2.5 hrs @1159 GMT, and give somebody or somebodies :wink: a shiny new badge (it was a tie last I looked)

1 Like

Something tells me we are in different parts of the multiverse

1 Like

1159 GMT glad we can agree GMT is the best timezone. TBF itā€™s UTC because we still fucking observe DST

2 Likes

Yes, and a 10 hour day. Agreed

I think I may be in the minority, but I actually like DST

Mine has the temperature :thermometer: at about 24ā°C
:man_shrugging: 70 something in freedom units

1 Like