The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

entrapment in reference to the auto Sears comment but even with the braces the AFT is maintaining that they have believed the whole time that skirting the sbr ban with braces was illegal and that theyā€™re only now going to start enforcing it if you donā€™t comply within the given time frame of the 120days

The first time (9 months ago) was anomaly

1 week ago, I found another one, on the same beach NOW thatā€™s interesting

uh-thats-all-i-guess-randy-marsh

5 Likes

@Az_F

Re:

Is your arduino controlled Scoot, Implant started?

Have you considered doing a writeup in the #projects section?

I for one would be interested

Well Iā€™ve run into an issue, or rather some annoying over engineering.
My bike has two batteries that need to be turned on one after the other with a 5-6 sec interval (to bypass some proprietary battery bullsh*t from). So what Iā€™m currently doing is: when I turn on the first battery the Arduino gets powered by that battery. It waits a bit and turns the second one on with a relay.
When I turn back off the first battery the Arduino is unpowered and obviously the relay opens.

Itā€™s satisfyingly simple. BUT to turn on the whole thing with nfc I would need the Arduino to be independently powered and have two relays, one for each battery. So far so good and I have tried it before. It works.

The thing is I refuse to have to charge this little system separately so I want to steal power from battery one to tricke charge the Arduinoā€™s battery when the bike is on. And this is where the Arduino freaks out. It will turn on both batteries fine but will only turn off the first one. My guess it that it resets when battery one turns off and it has to switch to battery power so it just skips the las part (turning battery two off).

Iā€™ve tried a MKRzero with the onboard li-ion charging and a pro nano with a separate charging moduleā€¦
:sob:

2 Likes

Actually since then Iā€™ve found out that the turning off sequence doesnā€™t matter so Imight try the exact same thing but turning battery one off last and then it doesnā€™t matter if the Arduino restarts or whatever because the job is done :thinking:

I know that here is not a lot of finnish speaking people but would like to share what one of our biggest tabloids released about walletmor. Itā€™s actually quite good and at least comment section is not horrible. Only basic questions mostly.

Edit to add:

Facebook comments for the article are what is expected :sweat_smile:

Which is funny since the government OKā€™d companies that they contract with to sell firearms with braces to the public. Doesnā€™t seem like skirting when they themselves approved it. At least for Sig.

1 Like

And now, in the spirit of this thread something completely different:
I only superficially followed this forum for a few month, so im a bit out of the loop.
How far along is the Apex Mega?
Some people aparently already got test copies?

@Aoxhwjfoavdlhsvfpzha

Remember this conversation

That lead to this

My Mrs just bought me a new pair of Flip-Flops

Pretty stoked.

Im a simple man who is easily satisfied

5 Likes

product_851294007264_NExT-xNTxEM-416x416

It looks like the two single-chip implants have black epoxy, while the NExT has clear epoxy, just curious if anyone knew why

So the 2 parts can see each other and discuss a bit while being stuck in a glass prison :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Probably government sponsored shootings so they have the ammo to take guns away.

Iā€™m wondering about the risk of magnetizing vintage mechanical watches with a Titan? Ie: something manufactured circa 1950.

Iā€™m pretty sure that having a magnet in your finger is not a problem with modern timepieces. And while this is probably a better question for a watch collectorā€™s forum, I decided to ask here first.

Could you throw a rechargeable battery on the arduino?
this way you use a tiny module which can be tucked between the arduino and the fixing into the bikeā€¦
And once battery one is up, the Arduinoā€™s battery gets rechargedā€¦ so effectively the same thing as suckling from the main battery.

With the added bonus that it doesnā€™t risk getting drained (not that you would have to worry about that, but ehā€¦)

That was the original idea but I think arduinos donā€™t really like switching power sources :confused:

Not even a bit.

They are hardwired to reset when turned on, and switching power sources would be received as being turned off then on again.

Not even their internal clocks survive that. they always reset as well.

You could try something to keep a buffer charge between the battery and the arduino, so even while you swap sources it maintains the arduino on, but I feel like thatā€™s an ā€œexternal battery with extra stepsā€ :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That would be a big capacitor ? Yeah thatā€™s getting very overcomplicated just to flip a switch. Plus itā€™s really just for the fun factor, it doesnā€™t really add any specurity since you can just walk away with the bike anyway.
Iā€™m gonna keep my foolproof setup I think :sweat_smile:

How about wiring two power sources in parallel? Switch on the second before turning off the first. I havenā€™t done it with Arduinos but have done it with data centers and remote sites while replacing their DC power plants.:wink: You should just need a regulator to keep the voltage steady, right?

1 Like

Indeedā€¦ hence why a battery operated arduino was my first suggestionā€¦ XD

It still might cause fluctuations on the supply when switching, which might trigger a reset response from the arduino.
Safest bet would be to get a buffer and something to activate backup power once main power is off. but thenā€¦
We would again be building a batery operated Arduino with extra stepsā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That was my first thought also, specifically I thought of the Marine / RV switches.

OFF - Batt 1 - Batt 1 & 2 (parallel) - Batt 2

2 Likes