xBT quick question

Just a quick question that one person can verify pretty quickf for me. Do you need a specific reader to use the implant or can you read it with you phone? I dont see a huge benefit to this if it cant communicate easily with everyday devices.

No infortunatly you cant read it with your phone (NFC 13.56MHz) it uses Low frequency 134kHz.
You need a special reader, which is what the pet chip implants use. Here is a link to one

1 Like

Then what really is the benefit? If I need to know my temp a thermometer is way cheaper and easier. Well I guess do you see a benefit to installing it?

1 Like

The xBT implant is compatible with low frequency 134.2 kHz RFID readers that support the FDX-B protocol. It’s not compatible with NFC.
Pet ID tag readers typically used by veterinarians or employees at an animal shelter to read animal RFID tags.
I use the Halo reader: https://youtu.be/6NZFBNCeC4A

A couple years ago at a conference, Amal gave a great example. Imagine if you mount a compatible reader to the door frame which scans your temperature when you arrive home. The reader detects you have a fever, an e-mail is automatically sent to your mom to ask for chicken soup.

2 Likes

I don’t have one, but if I did I would look at getting something like THIS for a more practical and convenient use.
It is an adapter for a phone to read 134.2kHz., but it looks like it only reads the UID and not the Temperature…but you get the idea

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks guys I have to start thinking in interesting new ways. It would be nice to track my temp at least twice a day so I can have an excuse to call out of work before I know I’m super sick and maybe beat the illnesses before they start. I dont have any implants yet so this is all super new to me. I do have 3 on their way though

1 Like

On a related note, Dangerous Things will be opening up an Odds & Ends category on the store soon for one-offs, special projects, experiments, and other non-production items.

13 Likes

Intriguing…

:question: :question: :question: = HF xBT?

It is almost the size of a thermometer :thermometer:
:wink:

1 Like

problem

7 Likes

Nope

Just an observation :smile:

2 Likes

sherlock-smile

2 Likes

how long until @amal just encapsulates a phone? lol

2 Likes

main-qimg-fc24d0ee4577fc4e8ddb7b4df1153aa4

3 Likes

I give it 2 days, max

2 Likes

Notice how he hasn’t denied it. Hmmmm. :mag_right:

Cleaning out the closet or taking requests? Cause that second one would be cool, but a total time killer for ya!

2 Likes

Actually for an experiment we did once I did end up gluing a phone with med grade skin glue to someone’s chest… stayed there for many days… it was an accelerator and sensor fusion experiment. Worked well!

5 Likes

Mostly just trying things… experiments which may or may not go anywhere, but the one-offs are fit for installation… that kind of stuff.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what’s on offer. Should be some really great ideas in there…

Will we be notified via product announcements when they are up on the Webstore?
Will you be looking for feedback?
How will your manage the orders? ie. Obviously first in, first served, but how will guage the level of interest by the numbers that missed out?

I wonder if there will be any 2in1 HF/LF xLED (eg HF Red / LF Green) which would be great for “pen testing” or similar (was that subtle enough, as one of my many questions I haven’t been asking :wink: )

That almost sounds like an implantable equivalent to the diagnostic card, I like it.

2 Likes