My VivoKey Spark 2 implant experience

Personally I think you should keep it,
You have already invested time and money, you might as well get it finished off properly, and achieve what you stated out to do.
go to a professional piercer, Ask them if they can remove it ( Without tools) and then reinstall it correctly.
If not go to a doctor to have it removed, then as Amal suggested

This is why Dangerous Things suggest not doing Self installs

Our x-series transponders are typically installed into the webbing between the metacarpal bones of the index finger and thumb, resting parallel to the index metacarpal. The reason they are installed in the hand has to do with the extremely short read range of x-series chips and the typical use case being some form of access control where the tag must be presented to a fixed reader of some kind. The suggested placement within the hand was chosen due to the lack of major nerve bundles or blood vessels running through that area.

Achieving a safe installation definitely requires a steady hand and experience performing aseptic procedures. Dangerous Things prefers our customers locate one of our professional body piercing or body modification partners to complete the installation of this product. If no partners are available in your area, you should be able to follow this guide to finding a professional in your area who is willing to assist you. For aftercare information and what to expect, please read our X-Series FAQ page.

Out of curiosity, what brand cell phones have you tried using?

For what it’s worth, my spark 2 is the hardest chip of mine to get a read on, while seeming to be the same depth

I’d say give it time, and practice on a field detector

And then if that fails do as pilgrim says, remove and reinstall

Wether or not Amal covers you, I don’t think its his fault at all… that’s the risk of self install

Only the Samsung Galaxy Z FlIp3 5G from xfinity.
My other phones didn’t have nfc.

Thanks for that, I was wondering if it was just me or my phone.

I haven’t even implanted mine.

1 Like

I would borrow some friends phones then, sounds like it’s a sub optimal phone, with a harder to read chip (my experience) in a potentially harder to read location

Try a phone with known good nfc

1 Like

As for reinstallation that’s out of the question for me, the closest listed piercer is like an hour away, I’m broke too. I got the injectable and did it myself obviously at my own risk. But there is a money back guarantee.

I had a bad experience and it hasn’t worked for me yet so I’m considerably annoyed at myself right now.

I’d even take a magic ring with a proxmark instead. In the end I’m not going to be a jerk or anything about it, it was my fault.

1 Like

That is close. For me the closest possible piercer is at least 2 hours away and the closest listed is 5 hours away.

It doesn’t have to be a listed piercer, unless you are in a state that does not allow certain things (I am) you should be able to find someone. You might have to go to a doctor to have it removed, and then a piercer to autoclave and reimplant it. But it is definitely worth asking a local piercer. There are even good materials and threads about approaching piercers.

2 Likes

Agreed, my installer is not on the list, I think the list is semi broken at the moment to be honest… it’s supposedly been a work in progress for a “soon” amount of time

As far as being broke… the chip doesn’t have to go right back in

You can remove it, toss it in a solution tube and store it till your ready (or financially ready) for it to go back in your skin

2 Likes

WELL, the NFC antenna is anyway

I have a Spark ( Original ), and it reads super easy on my S21

3 Likes

It’s worth mentioning that there’s a thread listing the NFC performance of different phones:

4 Likes

Thank you.

So, as far as my status, I just left the ER because they left me in the waiting room for too long. So I’m still chipped. But my vitals were all fine, and my hand isn’t in any pain at all. I’m thinking about leaving it in, maybe it would work in more time? Maybe my body’s still adjusting to it or something? I guess it might be worth it to wait a while.

If I’m correct, the USB ACR122U Reader/Writer is able to read the Spark 2, right? Is it more powerful than the KBR1? And when will the ACR122U be back in stock?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe, but it’s important to remember position and orientation trump power usually

My proxmark can take 30 tries to get my chips in just the right position if I’m cloning something

2 Likes

really the only chance would be to try to get it closer to the surface using a large magnet taped to your hand for long periods of time… then maybe the spark might “grow through” the tissue layers and come up to the surface in a meaningful way.

Yes the ACR122U is somewhat more powerful than the KBR1, but they are out of stock because the official ACR122U from ACS is no longer made. You might have to hit up Amazon if you want one now.

2 Likes

Interesting about the magnet idea… I might have to try that…
Thank you for the information…
:alien: :space_invader: :kiss:

1 Like

I bought a 25 mm neodymium magnet, don’t think it’s strong enough.
I’m still not getting a reading and it’s been one month and 2 days.
I’m still probably going to just try to get it out.

Probably for the best

Just FYI
I have a 25mm neodymium magnet but actually this 5mm neodymium cube works better

here’s a better example of @Eriequiet

6 Likes

Interesting. I just got a Galaxy A32, and haven’t been able to get a reading on that, either. I have a Nord N200 coming and will try that too.
I am wondering if there are any settings on the phone that I might be able to tweak to get a more powerful detection. By turning something off, or on, maybe?
Just hoping my implant will “grow” to a better location so I might be able to get reads. :partying_face:

Which implant are you trying to read?

How long have you had it?

Have you been able to get a read from any other readers/phones?

Have you checked the duty cycle and antenna location with your Diagnostic Card and xFD?

Not a setting, but removing phone cover might help, but not very practical.

There is also a home brew option you could try

or when the it becomes a product, grab one of those

1 Like