The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Iā€™ve been in a ā€œpull my stack and let me sit on ice for a whileā€ mood lately

Woo hoo!!

Thanks!

3 Likes

I vote go nuts!!

2 Likes

dDNBs0

4 Likes

Thank you, you awesome AI!

Here are the other emojis that I talked about. But an x-ray of a hand full of implants would probably be a better fit for the forum.

Robot-hand-thumbs-up-Small

2 Likes

Following the when is soon site going offline, @yeka said I could make a website to keep it going. It is still a work in progress, but it is live now!
If you have any suggestions or want to help out with it, let me know! Iā€™m just using GoDaddy to host and edit the site, so I can allow access to other accounts.

6 Likes

You have a typo on ā€œxMgaicā€ :wink:

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: thank you! haha

Call the support number and complain!

4 Likes

Has anyone had issues finding the PM3 in the USB list on linux?
Found it easily on my Ubuntu laptop, but gave that away so Iā€™m trying to set it up on my Ubuntu PC and itā€™s not showing the device whether I use ā€œlsusbā€ or ā€œdmesg | grep -i usbā€ and thereā€™s no change when I unplug the PM3 and run the commands.
When I plug in the device, the red LED turns on for a couple seconds then turns off.

That sounds like more of an issue with either the USB hub or maybe drivers?
Try running lspci | grep USB Then do lspci -vs 06:00.4 or whatever the id of the usb hub is. You find that info at the start of every line from the first command I gave. The last line should tell you what driver is loaded if any.

You should also be able to see something if the hub is okay when you watch the system journal. Run sudo journalctl -f then plug in the proxmark. Ideally you should be able to see something similar to this.

Jun 20 19:39:50 ryandesktop kernel: usb 4-6: new full-speed USB device number 6 using xhci_hcd
Jun 20 19:39:50 ryandesktop kernel: usb 4-6: New USB device found, idVendor=9ac4, idProduct=4b8f, bcdDevice= 1.00
Jun 20 19:39:50 ryandesktop kernel: usb 4-6: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
Jun 20 19:39:50 ryandesktop kernel: usb 4-6: Product: proxmark3
Jun 20 19:39:50 ryandesktop kernel: usb 4-6: Manufacturer: proxmark.org
Jun 20 19:39:50 ryandesktop kernel: usb 4-6: SerialNumber: iceman
Jun 20 19:39:50 ryandesktop kernel: cdc_acm 4-6:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

And last Iā€™d like to ask if youā€™ve plugged a usb drive into the same port to see if you get the same response.

When I run sudo journalctl -f and plug in a usb drive, I can see it, but when I plug in the proxmark nothing happens. I wonder if it got damaged during my last move.
Thanks for the the journalctl command, didnā€™t think about that one!

Journalctl is very useful and part of systemd soā€¦ Have you verified that the usb cable youā€™re using is good?

I ran to dig through my chaotic pile of random cables after I replied. It was a bad cable. My heads been off all day today lol
Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Glad to help. Iā€™ve run into a driver issue before with a USB3 hub. For whatever reason the distro I installed didnā€™t load the xhci driver for it and it gave me issues similar to that broken cable of yours.

1 Like

if you have a PM3 Easy, in my opinion, the RDV4 is Really not worth the extra money.

With the price difference you could get a flipper and have change to spare.

2 Likes

Ran into that when I first built my PC last year. Started testing out some lightweight windows like Linux distros to test for my mom. Sheā€™s gone from making websites with html to a windows 7 luddite on an old pre win7 laptop that shit the bed lol
Sheā€™s a successful Linux convert now though!

2 Likes

Cheap micro-usb cables are the worst. So many cables that are supplied with devices just for charging purposes have only the power lines and no data lines just to save money. Then when you grab a random cable to connect a device, you end up with issues like this. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I donā€™t have a proxmark at all, but the PM3 Easy is looking way better now that I can get a case for it.

I do wonder if itā€™s a good idea to make it a bit thinner by removing the middle board?

I remember some people were having issues after taking out the middle board. I put the middle back in mine after it seemed like it was more difficult to get reliable reads.