Easy Guard : Push to start installation ( with easy removal option)

Not only that but some of these systems connect through to ground instead of passing current so also check if any switch pins connect to ground at any point (activated or not)

3 Likes

Good point.

1 Like

Hi, I installed this in my TOYOTA, there is no chip in my key, and I chose to cut my key and leave it in the barrel. The issue I have is that the door/key alarm beeps when the doors are open. Did I do something wrong? And I canā€™t manually lock my doors with the doors open. I have to close my doors then I can either use the alarm remote or use the manual door lock. Or do I have to live with it?

There is a key inserted sensor (switch) in the barrel that activates the ā€œhey you left your key in the ignitionā€ beeping when the doors are open. You could find these wires and manipulate them to make it ā€œappearā€ that your key is not actually in the ignition. I donā€™t know if that means shorting them or cutting them so they are permanently open, you will need to test or refer to your maintenance manual.

I also donā€™t know how this will affect other aspects of operation of your vehicle and/or built in anti-theft system. Testing is necessary.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will look into this option.

Iā€™m currently working on installing one of these and this is my results with the multimeter, Iā€™m unsure of which wire would be which. Iā€™ve tested these results twice because they looked pretty odd to me. Any help would be appreciated!

The one 1 mark on acc 2 is wrong I donā€™t have an acc2

Apologies,
I thought I had replied, I just saw this in my ā€œdraftsā€ (I currently have another 16 drafts, plus this on :point_down: that I need to finish or delete)

:thinking:
since Iā€™m not doing the testing myself itā€™s Tricky to be certain over the interwebs.

MY BEST GUESS IS

Power on ā€œStartā€ for ALL wires has thrown me (except Green, but thatā€™s good)

No worries, whatā€™s funny is I actually figured this out the next day and just forgot to update. Iā€™ll post a picture of how I wired it just in the off chance someone else needs it for an 03 Toyota Highlander. I found a wiring diagram online for my vehicle and used that.

But itā€™s all set up now and working, key cylinder is completely removed.

4 Likes

Pretty cool.

You must be chuffed with yourself!?

A pity those LF antennas are dogshit, BUT, at least they work.

2 Likes

Oh yea, Iā€™m stoked about it! Next project is the front door, then no more keys for this cyborg.

5 Likes